DownloadsOur Environmental Policy
Thanks to Government legislation and environmental awareness raising campaigns, most people know how much damage waste plastic can do to the environment.
Consider these statistics:
- Australia manufactures more than 1.3 million tonnes of plastic every year - more than 71 kg for every person.
- Plastic bags and other plastic garbage thrown into the ocean kill as many as 1,000,000 sea creatures every year.
- Australians use approximately 6 billion plastic bags each year – that’s around 280 bags per person, per year.
- Plastic takes 500-5000 years to degrade in landfill
- 90% of all the rubbish collected on Australia’s beaches is plastic – Sydney’s beaches are fouled by 2600 pieces of plastic litter for every kilometre of sand.
Consumers, businesses, industries, councils and governments alike are all now searching for ways to lessen their environmental impact, shrink their energy consumption footprints and use more sustainable products and resources.
How APR’s wood plastic composite products are beneficial to the environment:
- Made from 100% post consumer plastic and wood
- Do not leach any chemicals into surrounds
- Reduce waste matter going into landfill
- Require minimal water for production and water is reused in manufacturing
- Its use helps to raise awareness about the benefits of recycled products
- Don’t require precious natural resources for production
- Less energy is required to recycle plastic than is needed to make new plastic
- Can be used to substitute other products that do require natural resources
- New employment opportunities in a growth industry – better for the community
- Require low energy for production
- Manufacturing produces almost zero emissions