APR’s commitment to sustainable development means we work to ensure our activities, products and services enhance the environment in the communities we operate. This covers APR’s operations in Australia and all the markets we service.
We are committed to environmental improvement and preventing pollution. We work with customers, suppliers, governments and the community to develop innovative products and recycling solutions that:
- Reduce waste
- Minimise any lifecycle impacts
- Meet community aspirations for a sustainable future.
Within our own operations we:
- Require employees to comply with all applicable environmental laws, regulations and standards as well as APR’s voluntary commitment to the community;
- Identify and manage environmental risks within our operations and apply best practice principles to the prevention of pollution;
- Use natural resources responsibly and minimise the environmental impacts of our manufacturing process;
- Implement and use management systems to plan, document, measure and monitor environmental performance, including setting, assessing and reviewing objectives and targets;
- Communicate this policy to the environmental management system to all employees contractors and other stakeholders as well as making this policy available to the general public; and
- Continually improve performance through training, management review, research and development and consultation with the community.
IT’S YOUR CHOICE
As a customer, you have two options when considering our products:
Choose from our extensive range of existing profiles; or
Tailor a custom product profile to your needs. We can cater for almost any combination of length, breadth, depth and form factor
This ability to manufacture a virtually limitless range of products, in large or small quantities, makes APR the ideal choice for everyone from the home DIY-er up to large corporate, industrial and government clientele.
The process of creating our wood plastic composite products from household, commercial and industrial post consumer waste is as follows:
- We gather post industrial waste, post consumer polyolefin plastics and process them into pellets.
- The pellets are converted to resin, which is then compounded with 100% recycled waste wood.
- The compounded material is then continuously extruded through a die-cut profile into almost any required shape and form factor.
- The material, now wood plastic composite, is cooled with water – which is continuously reused.
- The finished product is automatically machine cut to length up to 6m and above by request.
The resulting product is strong, attractive, versatile, resistant to pests and corrosion and, of course, good for the environment.
THE KEY POINTS IN OUR PROCESSES:
- OHS compliant
- Fully recycled water
- Continuous extrusion
- Fully automated process
- Automated cutting